Friday, August 1, 2008

Fun Times In Colorado

I really shouldn't be blogging right now. My mother-in-law took my kids for a few days so they could go to a circus near her house. I am trying to use this time to get things done on the houses, but am feeling less than motivated this morning. Just had to post a few pics and comments on our trip to Denver. It was our Mills Family Christmas in July (getting to hard to travel during the holidays). It was a ton of fun. Sorry for the long posting, but the slide shows don't print out as individual pictures and this is pretty much my journal...so here ya go.

My brother is awesome! He bought each family their own Wii. That's not the only reason he is awesome, but I thought that was pretty generous of him. Anyway, the kids (of all ages) had a blast playing Wii games. Here's Westin and Cannan playing baseball and loving it.


We went to dinner at Casa Bonita Saturday night. I felt pretty special. I got to sit with my nephews at the "boys" table. Eldon sat at the "girls table.'
The kids love Casa Bonita. They have shows where the actors dive off of cliffs into a pool in the middle of the dining area. This is a picture of the cousins waiting for the cliff diving show to begin. (Sorry, no time to photoshop. The white spots are flecs of water from the water fall).
If you look closely you can see the cliff diver diving in front of the lighted water.
The kids loved going through the haunted tunnel. They made me take them over and over. This is McKyla being scared and loving it. There are a lot of fun things for the kids to do there.
Gracie loves to be a little fish. The kids were SOOO happy to get to go swimming all day at a water park.


This crazy picture is of Shawn and Baylie fliping over at the end of one of the slides. The same thing happened to Kevin and Cannan. The kids were so brave!


Grandma and Grandpa were brave, too. No one could believe Mom got Dad to ride down the slides!
Dad and Jake. I caught Dad with his REAL smile on (not his fake picture smile)!
Justing and Westin on one of the slides.
Sunday night we went on a rock hunt to find rocks for the fire pit. Annalese caught a horny toad. Weird little creature (the horny toad I mean).
The kids were pretty impressed with the horny toad. The skits at the camp fire that night were hillarious. I can't wait to watch the video. It was cool because everyone participated.


Wish I got more pictures. My sister planned all sorts of fun games and things. It was a blast! I'll have to steel some pictures from other family members and post again soon. For now, I've got to get to work on my "to do" list!!!

1 comment:

Pickett Fences said...

Shyla,
It looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Have you started reading yet? I have been blogging all this morning when I should be cleaning and or starting to read. It was so fun last night. We need to get togther more often.

Keri