Wednesday, May 7, 2008

McKyla's Mommy-Daughter Date

McKyla and I had our Mommy-daughter date last Friday (May 2nd). We should space them out a little more, but she was so excited for her turn and it was technically the next month. So, I promised her we would go, and she was all excited. Then I started to feel nauseous at work Thursday night. By the time of our date Friday, I was starting to think I had the lovely stomach flu our neighbors have been suffering with (we share everything, like good neighbors do). I couldn't cancel, McKyla was so excited. So we stopped for a little Pepto-bismol on the way to dinner. She had a cheeseburger and fries; I had some Pepto, Sprite, and peppermint gum. I did a whole lot of hand washing. Didn't get sick once on the date though and thankfully, no one else in the fam has gotten it.


McKyla chose to go to Leo's Place (it's like a Chucky Cheese). We got to play games together and win tickets. Yes, I look terrible, but we had fun.
Here's that fabulous dinner.


So proud of McKyla; so ashamed of myself. McKyla was playing a game and this little girl we didn't know came up and started playing, too. I was thinking, "Hey, I'm not paying for you to play." (I think I was a little grumpy 'cuz I didn't feel good.) When it was done the tickets came out and I thought "Hope that girl doesn't think she's taking McKyla's tickets." (Man, I was feeling bratty). But McKyla was so sweet and said, "Mom, we should give her some of the tickets because she helped me win them." It gets worse...I gave McKyla one ticket to give the girl, and the sweet little girl wouldn't take it. She insisted McKyla keep it! That is why the scriptures tell us we need to be like little children!
Looks like she is going to punch me or flip the "bird", but really she is saying, "The power of the butterfly!" That was our battle cry for the night. McKyla picked a butterfly tattoo (again with the tattoos!), and a whoopee cushion with her tickets. Then we went to the mall so she could make a wish in the wishing well, pick out a mother-daughter necklace for her and I, get her sisters some "prizes" and get our picture drawn.
Fortunately, McKyla isn't quite the shopper Annalese is, and wanted to go home ASAP after we accomplished her goals at the mall. Eldon had rented some movies, and McKyla didn't want to miss out. So happy to get home and get in our jammies!!! Love you, McKyla. Thanks for a fun date. You are so thoughtful.


No comments: