Saturday, July 12, 2008

Sneaker Night

Eldon called us from scout camp Friday evening. He was having so much fun. I asked if it was nice to be hanging with some boys for a change (even the dog is a girl at our house). He admitted it was kind of nice. Good thing he couldn't see what we were doing. We were getting all girly!

The girls and I decided to have a "Sneaker Night." That means, "basically what we're gonna' do is dance." (Not a big fan of Vanessa Hudgens, but you can hear the song on my playlist below.)

So, we started the night with some Pizza Hut pizza and strawberry limeades from Sonic. Yum. Then the girls wanted to get "dressed up" in my clothes and put on some make-up before we started our dance-fest. It was all fun at first, then I took some pics and it totally scared me! Annalese looks like she is 18-years-old! (This is what I don't like about Vanessa Hudgens, trying to grow up too soon!).



Yikes! Fortunately the girls decided they weren't ready to grow up. I was talking about how they look too old and Annalese said, "Mom, I don't want to go to college." Then she told McKyla, "I heard you have to leave your mom and dad for all year and you have to live up there. You have to cook and clean all by yourself." McKyla got all worried and said, "Mom I don't ever want to go to college! I want to stay with you!" She insisted we take the make-up off immediately. Of course I want them to go to college some day, but I was glad to wash off the make-up and have my little girls back for now.

1 comment:

Pickett Fences said...

Shlya,

I love your girls night. I am glad that Eldon had fun at the scout camp. Next time just have Eldon come here with my boys and I will come over there you and your girls.

Keri