Tuesday, April 15, 2008

French Toast Mornings

This was a French Toast Morning! I love those mornings...when I don't have to wake up, hurry to get myself and the kids ready and rush off to meet contractors or run errands all day. I love making french toast and pancakes with my little helpers. It's one of the little things that's a big thing: there's no hurry, they can help. Who cares if they get egg shells in the mix; we're in no hurry and we get to eat them together.



Gracie and McKyla were so happy they got to crack the eggs.


Now, to celebrate the little victories in the world of construction...

BEFORE Remember this pic of the ice mountain in our cold storage room in the new house? Well...

It's gone, BABY!!! This pic makes it look like Eldon deserves all the glory, but really I cleared out 3/4ths of it while he was at work.

AFTER

This is a boring pic to most of you, but it is just beautiful to me! No more ice, no more water! (Let's hope!)

We were so tired and so dirty when we got home from working out at the house last night. Gracie fell asleep on the couch after her bath. I ended up doing the same thing. After cleaning out 2 inches of dirt from the bathtub, I crashed around 8:30 p.m. Felt so good!

(P.S. Notice Gracie's purple toe nails and finger nails. McKyla wore purple to preschool Monday, so I decided to paint her nails purple. Gracie wanted hers done, too. It's so weird to see her looking a little girly. Lately she cries about anything girly or "pretty". Also notice, the jammies she picked almost match!)

1 comment:

CASSIE said...

HEY!! YOU PROBABLY DON'T REMEMBER ME-- I AM VANESSA WEBB'S LITTLE SIS...WELL I RAN ACROSS YOUR BLOG ON BRO.NIXONS AND THOUGHT I WOULD LET YOU KNOW THAT VANESSA HAS A BLOG AS WELL IF YOU WANTED TO CHECK HER OUT! YOUR LITTLE FAMILY IS SOO ADORABLE...THERE IS A LINK TO HER BLOG ON MINE.