Sunday, April 13, 2008

Why not live in Idaho?

This pic of our backyard was taken around 8:20 a.m. Thursday, April 10th. Gracie went to the back door and said. "Uh-oh. My slide is covered in SNOW! Mom, we better get the sled out!"


This pic was take at 11:50 a.m. the same day. And that pretty much sums up the weather in Idaho. Soooo tempted to pack up and move back to Arizona or Southern Utah!
Today was actually a really nice day. We had a picnic outside together. Gracie even got a little too much sun--had to remember to put the sunblock on her. We all enjoyed being outdoors for a change. Needless to say it will probably snow tomorrow. Sorry, can you tell it's been a long winter for me?

The fireplace is FINALLY done!!! (Almost). I believe we started this project last Febuary (2007) when we decided to finish the basement. We finally had to pay someone to do the rock because we just haven't gotten to it with all the pressing items on the new house. Just need a little trim and paint and this project's done! Just in time to stick a "For Sale" sign in the front yard. Oh well, sometimes that's the way it goes. Just got to roll with the punches.
Moving forward with stucco and drywall on the new house!



I really love the view from this house! I keep telling myself, "Shyla, don't you fall in love with that house!" Got to remember it's an investment. Part of me wishes it would just sell before we ever even move in to it, so we can just stay in the house we are in now.

Well, I think that's all I'm going to post this week. Hava a good week, all!

1 comment:

AF Nixons said...

Hey Shyla - it was so good to hear from you on our blog and I love the new house you are building! Sounds like you are doing great. I loved reading in your bio that your favorite job is being a mom - that's my favorite job too! So glad to hear you're doing well and I know Brady will love to look at your blog too. Take care, Sister Nixon